Whatsapp had become the largest messaging platform all around the world. Whatsapp Inc. was founded by Jan Koum and Brain Acton, who was the former employees at Yahoo Inc. Whatsapp was initially started for Android mobile devices and soon come over to Windows, Symbian, iOS, Blackberry OS. This further helped it to increase its popularity through out the world. It is processing more than 30 billion messages everyday and this made Facebook- the largest social networking website to purchase this application at a handsome price of US $19 billion on 19th February, 2014. Facebook will generate a good business out of and will compete with other messaging app vendors without too much effort.
Advantages of Using Whatsapp
Some of the great advantages of using Whatsapp are:
- You can easily send free messages to any part of the world without any charges. This service is completely free.
- All tools provided by Whatsapp are very easy to use.
- It do not have any advertisements on display screen.
- This app automatically imports the contacts from your phone and tells you that how many of your friends are using Whatsapp.
- You can share your location, photos, status with your friends.
- You need not spend any money for chatting and sharing with your friends.
- It also allows you to send 100 messages a month to any of your friends not using Whatsapp for free.
- You can make video calls for free to any Whatsapp user
Disadvantages of Using Whatsapp
Everything having a plus point also has some negative points too. So here are some of the disadvantages of this brilliant app:
- You can chat to friends that only have smart phones supporting this application and to friends having their account on Whatsapp. You can just send 100 messages in a month to friends not having Whatsapp on their phone.
- You must have access to internet to send and receive messages for free and the messages are also not sent to the phone inbox.
- You need to pay $0.99 for renewal after every year.
- Your profile picture is visible to every person having your contact number and using this app, whether known by you or not.
You cannot call using this app to your friends for free.
Whatsapp is a great application that provides you with the best benefits that an internet messaging app can provide you. You can easily send enough unlimited messages to your Whatsapp friends. This could have been even better, if the app would have provided you with the facility to send unlimited messages through out the country or world for free to any number.
These are some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Whatsapp 🙂